Monday 1 June 2015

Motorcycle Explorer Magazine

It was with a bit of self-effacing surprise that the Editor of Motorcycle Explorer Magazine (James) seemed interested in the angle I tend to take to motorbike travel. We e-mailed about my travels to archaeological and historical sites, and also the concept behind the trips. This, in itself, was the angle of most interest; namely the concept behind the trips. The most obvious was the Summer Solstice bike trip of 2014 (and a concept that we are keen to repeat this summer over the solstice weekend from 19th - 21st June). But I wrote about the transition from 'aimless' riding around Irish roads to having a purpose and the transformative effect this had on both our trips but also our attitudes towards biking. 

The concept can be, literally, anything that comes to mind. Sometimes the more weird and wonderful the better: e.g., one suggested trip was a 'haunted Ireland tour'  whereby we would visit all the supposedly haunted castles and old houses in Ireland (and believe me, when the research began there are many!).

The whole magazine is free (this day in age quite an achievement), and packed full of news and articles on biking (web link here): Motorcycle Explorer Magazine. One of the aspects that fills me with pride is that my articles now sit alongside greats [to me] such as Sam Manicom, Graham Field etc. I can't thank James enough and look forward to this being a long-term and fruitful working partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment