Wednesday 4 March 2015

The Book Launch

I was nervous prior to the launch in Visit Belfast, what if no-one turned up?! How embarrassing would that be? But, apparently, such a thing is not altogether uncommon for book launches. I was glad that we had prepared well - nice wines had been bought, and Visit Belfast had placed my on-board footage onto the big wall of screens, as well as playing a soundtrack I compiled in the background (lots of Jimmy Hendrix!). The whole place was dressed with images from around Strangford and I was so pleased to see people arriving early. There were old university friends that I haven't seen for years, former colleagues as well as current ones and people I had lost touch with, they all turned up. The atmosphere was great, a nice 'buzz' about the place and plenty of people there to make it feel quite busy. The bike stood, polished and noble, in the entrance foyer. 

I had been allowed to use our work PR contract, and Angela (Birdsong PR) was, frankly, a God-send. She was superb, with more press to come. The photographer took some excellent pictures and I was exhausted after it had completed. I was dazed and bewildered, did it all just happen? Yes....it had. I still can't quite belive it. 

Now to finish the second book and have a, hopefully, bigger and better round two!!

















































No comments:

Post a Comment