Thursday 14 August 2014

The Road Beckons

Another biking weekend approaches! I have to say, I genuinely cannot wait. However, this time there is more to it than simply heading away for fun and frolics. With what has happened over the last two weeks I have a heavy heart, a constant exhaustion and worrying apathy towards life. I think that all these are perfectly reasonable emotional responses, but nevertheless they are disconcerting in their intensity. I heard a great line the other day that describes what happens when I am on the bike; "I am alone but with my friends". And that is so true, with the helmet on you are in your own confines and bubble, but you are with your friends, so there is a comfort in that. I had something of a La Noche Oscura del Alma (Dark Night of the Soul) recently which has left many questions unanswered, even still, maybe I'll be able to resolve some of these.  

I need my head cleared, badly. I hope this does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment